11.20.2008

rain and the like

We had sun for about a second but the rain seems to be here to stay. In other news, turns out November is the least encouraging month to begin a running regimen in Portland. I've been biking when it's not too nasty and that lifts my heart (rate) and spirits. Currently seeking indoor activities beyond snuggling with Scout for exercise. 

Back on my no wheat/dairy kick and feeling very nice. I bought a LOT of groceries last weekend and am working my way to 3 part happiness: full pantry, clean house, clean clothes. Always seems to work for me. Maslov and all that.

November has been considerably lighter in the travel department. We'll have one or two nights out then two or three home. It's been pretty darn great to get to feel like I live in Portland again. 

Speaking of, I have fallen back in love with this city and am not going anywhere for a while. The biking, the mountains, burgerville, my kick ass job, a budding community... so much to love. 

My housing situation while it continues to kick ass, is in half-replacement mode. I understand and love my roomies and understand the need for transition, but I am ready for that to be stable for a while. I mean you Anna. No moving. Seriously. 

A little in panic mode about finding someone to watch Scout for me while I'm in AK for Christmas. I'll be gone a week and can't afford $20/night to board him, and I'm too freaked to fly him up in cargo in the winter. Blah. Stress. Can't. Deal.

In other news, I get older this weekend. Yep, 24 on Sunday. Having a few friends over for dancing and cupcakes, because really, what is better than that?

Also, a week from today is Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday. Mom's flying down and we're going to eat Halibut and gingerbread and watch movies in front of a fire. Should be smashing. 

Aaaaaand, my daddy-o is flying in tonight and will be here for the weekend, and at the risk of actually having expectations, I'm kind of excited. Awkward hugs, and all that. 

So, as the seasonal affected disorder rolls in like the clouds I'm fighting back with cleanliness, a whole mess of food, and time with people that mean a whole lot to me. Look at me being all mature and stuff. Shucks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you.

happy birthday, dearest hannah.

happy birthday to you!!

xoxoxoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Hannah! Hope you have a great weekend. Good for you about the no wheat/no dairy diet...my nutritionist would be proud. If you get a craving for milk...rice milk is a good sub.
love you, Aunt Susan

Mary, Mary quite contrary said...

Can't wait! Trusting you got your box. Will call on Sunday. How can my baby be 24? Love you more than there are snowflakes falling from the sky (and there are a gillion itty bitty ones swirling), Momma

miss b said...

when seasonal affective disorder rolls in like meatball clouds with a chance of spaghetti (with showers of tomato sauce), you cannot fight it.

your only choice, my banana, is to go outside with your plate and fork, ready to devour.

i miss you like the dickens. what am i supposed to do without you? please plan a trip to georgia so we can sit outside 283 and drink drinks that, usually, only gay men can stomach.

love, lorn