11.08.2008

future proche

There's a tense in French called the 'near future' that describes things, big surprise, that are going to happen in the near future. I have a weird habit of living my life in the near future. I realized recently that my fantasies about living in Asheville next year had become somewhat escapist. Tour is getting hard, and even though I had thought I had really organized a couple of weekends ago and gotten my priorities straight, all I really had done was realize that they needed straightening. Specifically, I need to figure out a way to feed my passions for creating. I made some prints today, and it was extremely satisfying. I also have some plans for long-term projects that are quite exciting (have I mentioned the Sasquach puppet lately?) I've also started investing again in my space. Space is super important to me, but I also have a bad habit of not changing anything after I've moved in. I hung more stuff on my walls today, but need more. I think that's all I want for my birthday. Art. 

Also, making slightly ambitious (ambitious in that I'll probably fail way) to start running. I'm at the threshold of fat-kid-dom (i.e. I don't want to weigh more than I do now) and I'm not entirely pleased. I talk a lot of talk about being active, and being strong but the thing is, I'm not. Thinking about signing up for a 5k around the new year for motivation. 

Basically, I have a fantastic life, and I'm trying to get my head straight so that I can recognize that more easily on a daily basis. It never hurts to learn again that it really is no one's responsibility but my own to build the life that I want to lead. This is it. 

No comments: