9.04.2008

little bikes, big cute

My bike route to work passes the uber Portland Sunnyside Environmental School. It is ridiculously cute with its acre kickball lot and playground, 20s red brick exterior, and gardens surrounding the school for everything from the literacy garden (I'm guessing, since each plant has a letter next to it) to giant sunflowers growing outside almost every window. Needless to say, this place is cute, and slightly ideal. Then yesterday, just as I was approaching, I noticed not one, not two, but at least 10 sets of parents biking their kids to school. Most were on tandem bikes, and I gotta say, I almost fell over with the Portland-ness of it. It was one of those moments that I reconsidered maybe living here forever. I mean, I want to be able to bike my kids to school. Ah, Portland.

No comments: