5.28.2008

superawesomeamazingness

I could, quite possibly, be having the best week ever. So good, in fact that I've had no time to write about it. 

First, I got the puppet job. I'll be touring 'The Shoemaker and The Elves" at elementary schools in Washington state from September through May. This means a) I'll be doing my dream job. b) I'll get to spend almost every weekend home. c) I am going to be freaking buff because the entire show will be performed with my hands in the air (over my head, apparently). If you couldn't tell, I'm really really excited about this.

Secondly, PlayWrite has been amazing. The students, the process, the other coaches; what an incredible learning experience. There's something so extremely powerful about listening and giving voice to these kids, who people usually actively ignore. We've all done it right? Just ignore the the bum on the sidewalk, and pretend he's not there so we don't have to deal. PlayWrite does just the opposite. We're actively asking questions, listening, hearing these people. It was transformative. Today professional actors performed the scripts in front of a live audience. To see the look on Charlie's face as the actors realized his characters was nothing short of awesome, in the truest sense of the word. They've invited me to come back for more workshops and I can't wait. 

And, it's just a month until I'm back in SE with the lovely ladies of 44th Ave. Also, terribly exciting. Yay, for being in a whole house that I feel comfortable in, not just my room. Although these hallowed orange walls will be missed, I'm really looking forward to afternoon wine with Anna, eggs and toast with Sarah C., and consuming as much of Elsie's banana bread as possible. Anyone else notice that all of those references were food-related? Anyone surprised? I thought not. 

big wet portland kisses to all!

1 comment:

annabrones said...

you forgot to mention my quinoa cake...