1.06.2009

___________ getting married

I just saw Rachel Getting Married (mom- you'll be proud to know I snuck in a bag of popcorn pretending to be fat/pregnant; sigh. the things you taught me!) It is shot in this really voyeuristic way using almost exclusively hand held shots and diagetic music. It very vividly and candidly illustrates how complicated, fucked up, beautiful, sad, and totally worth it it is to be a part of a family. To invest in people who don't always seem worth investing in. 

It made me miss Laura Jean and Dave. It made me want my mom to live closer to me. It made me want to call my dad. 

All in all, a rather productive evening, I'd say. 

2 comments:

Ally said...

First of all, I remember going to the movies with all the cousins when we were younger and somehow I was the one that got stuck with all the drinks... all stuffed in my jacket and it was cold. ahh memories.

Second of all, I am still cracking up at your eskimo suit comment. I can't wait to see pictures!

Are you coming to the wedding next week? If you are, I look forward to seeing you! If not, we'll miss you!

Mary, Mary quite contrary said...

hahahahahahahaha

please don't publish everything I taught you ;-)

Will miss you next week at another of our family weddings.

xxxooo