7.05.2008

busy being happy

Yeah. It's that good.

Got my script in the mail for The Shoemaker and The Elves. It's super funny and I can't wait to get my hands on some puppets. Also, found my touring partner online (ah the wonders of facebook), and we met for coffee today. He's been doing this for a year so was able to answer a lot of my logistical questions. I don't think we're going to be the bestest of buds, but I do think that we will work well together. 

In other news, I'm very much enjoying a little mini-vacation before my last two weeks of work at the clinic. My bosses went to visit family in California, so I get 6 days off in a row. I keep being surprised about how when you're on vacation, everyday feels like Friday (my Saturday, since I only work a four day week right now). It's pretty flippin' sweet. 

I celebrated my week anniversary of being back in the cute-ness of my new (old) house again. Love everything about it, but especially my kick-ass roomies and beautiful and super-private patio. Only minor catastrophe in moving was that I dented the (brand-new, seriously less than 400 miles on it ) Uhaul van. Let's just say it was a very expensive mistake and will never again opt out of the $10 insurance. 

Independence day was celebrated with waffles and hiking with Avery, LJ + Dave. Avery had never been to Forrest Park, so it was lots of fun to share one of my favorite Portland places with my new favorite Portland person. (sly how I just slipped that in, eah?) Yes, his name is Avery and over the last four weeks, I've fallen for him in every way possible. The cool thing is that he has too (for me of all people), and we have ridiculous adventures. 

Needless to say, I am all kinds of happy. Happy enough to say things like "shucks" without a trace of irony. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hannah, you are the cutest blogger ever.

I mean, even your WORDS are cute.

--Laura Jean