4.18.2008

cherry poppin' post

I moved to Portland December 29th, 2007. 

Since then, I have sublet a room with four of the most kick-ass ladies in stumptown. Found a job. Biked everywhere and at all hours. Taken trapeze on a different coast. Discovered Pho. Been surprised by Mt. Hood, and reminded of the big, big, everything. Started attending Quaker meetings. Hiked with my dog in Forrest Park. Helped my sister pick out her wedding dress. Drank my first Burgerville milkshake. Rented a video from Movie Madness. Bought 3 books from Powell's. Become a bus commuter. Weighed the pros and cons of cupcake jones vs. saint cupcake. Moved once. Got sick off an oyster shooter from the Montage. Painted my room orange. Exchanged a multitude of letters and postcards with my favorite people around the globe. Gotten free acupuncture. Lost 5 pounds. Built puppets for a clown show. Taken a picnic. Jumped in puddles. Registered to vote. 

And I've got to say that after only 4 months, I feel like I live here. 
That's pretty grand.

1 comment:

Helen said...

lovely lovely lovely!

just finished writing a little something something to send back around the globe to you : )