12.14.2008

SNOW!!



There's a full on snow storm happening right now in Portland and it's beautiful and cold and new. Wonder isn't a an experience I have daily, but I think it is so important. There's something about snow that's inherently magical. 

At least for someone who grew up in Georgia.

Scout is absolutely freaking out. So happy and frolicking. I think he remembers playing in Alaska with Grace last year. 

I walked the six cold blocks to Meeting this morning and was so overwhelmed. Meeting was obviously smaller, but such a blessing. I was overwhelmed by the saturation of love in my life. How being a part of that community has transformed my life in such beautiful ways in the past year. How blessed I am. So thankful. So very thankful.

This evening we're having a wintry gathering of the Young Adult Friends. Hot chocolate, cookies, and Irving Berlin's White Christmas (my contribution). 

I am so very much in love with my life. 

And know that if I don't talk to you regularly, I love you dearly and think of you often.