10.18.2008

blue skies

It's beautiful outside, and it's helping. 

After a long week on the road, coming home last night I felt melancholy. Scout and I snuggled, I put on clean sheets and listened to the Avett Brothers. I want to figure out how to be pursuing all of my interests at the same time. The fact that I have a job in the exact field I want is amazing, but surprisingly not enough. I want to be signing. I want to be on the trapeze. I am trying to figure out how to make this work. 

I have also decided that although I adore Portland, I am willing to follow puppetry jobs and training wherever they might be. This is kind of a big deal as up to this point most of the major life decisions I've made have been focused around where to live. It's also kind of crazy because it means I've decided to follow this puppetry thing as a career path. It sounds way too adult when I put it like that so it helps to remind myself that I'm talking about puppetry. 

I'm still going through the ups and downs of a break-up. I've had about one bad day a week, which I'd say isn't too bad. Today, it's sunny and I spent the morning at an apple tasting, buying pumpkins, and chowing down on Pho with one of my roomies. Now, I'm having a beer and enjoying the afternoon. Soon, our house will be full of pumpkin carving festivities and I'm delighted. We stumble, and scrape our knees, but who would want to live in a world without scar stories?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clean sheets ALWAYS help!

L. J. Moore said...

Hannah, that last sentence is spectacular.